2007 Sweet Spot free group break resultsDecember 21, 2008 at 12:46 am | Posted in Upper Deck, Video | 7 Comments
Here’s the break of the 2007 Sweet Spot tin for the free group break:
So the lucky winners are Joe from Cardboard Addiction, Chris from Stale Gum, PAB from The Player To Be Named Later, David from Tribe Cards, and Marie and Sooz from Cardboard Problem. Here’s what they’ll be getting:
- Joe will get a Brandon Wood autographed glove card #01/75 (Angels).
- Chris will get a Ryan Rowland-Smith autographed “Sweet Beginnings” card with a mini-helmet embedded in the card (Mariners). Chris didn’t pick a team for the break, but I don’t think he’ll turn down a free card!
- PAB will get a B.J. Upton “Sweet Swatch” memorabilia card (Rays).
- David will get an Alfonso Soriano “Sweet Swatch” memorabilia card (Nationals) as a result of a last-minute trade between he and Adam from Thoughts and Sox. As I mentioned in the video, Soriano is pictured with the Nationals and the swatch is from a Nationals jersey, but the card says “Alfonso Soriano / OF / Cubs”. Rob from Voice of the Collector had the Cubs. I’ll make it up to Rob by sending something else to him.
- Marie and Sooz with get both the Chris Carpenter and Albert Pujols base cards #/850 (Cardinals).
So there was nothing earth-shattering in the tin, but it wasn’t awful either. It’ll all depend on whether Brandon Wood can replicate the huge numbers that he’s put up in the minor leagues with the Angels or another major league team. Although it seems like he’s been a prospect forever, he’s still only 23, so he still has a chance to be a star. Also, Ryan Rowland-Smith quietly put up some good numbers for Seattle this year, and he could breakout in 2009.
I have the addresses of all of the winners except for Chris and David. So they should email me with their addresses and I’ll mail the cards out!