Vacation!March 20, 2009 at 1:44 am | Posted in Personal, Random | 4 Comments
Vacation time is finally here! That’s great news for me, but bad news for my readers. It’s unlikely that I’ll be able to post anything new until at least March 28, when I return home. Here are my plans:
- My wife and I are leaving Friday morning 3/20 to drive from our home in Apex, North Carolina to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Arrive in Fort Lauderdale Friday night.
- Attend the Tampa Bay Rays vs. Baltimore Orioles spring training game on Saturday 3/21 in Fort Lauderdale. I’m planning to meet two of my favorite bloggers at the game: Brian from 30-year old Cardboard and the legendary Mario from Wax Heaven!
- We might go to the Florida Panthers hockey game on Saturday night against the Columbus Blue Jackets. If we go, that will mean that I’ll have been to every arena in the NHL’s Southeast division. I’ve been to the RBC Center in Raleigh many times. The others are the Verizon Center in Washington, Philips Arena in Atlanta, and the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa. Of course, I’ll be rooting hard for the Blue Jackets to win in order to help Carolina’s playoff chances.
- Saturday night, we’re driving across the state to Port Charlotte, the Rays new spring training home. We’ll be attending the Rays vs. Yankees game on Sunday. I’ll get to meet one of my readers and his son at the game, and they’re both fellow Rays fans.
- We’re driving Sunday night from Port Charlotte to Orlando, and checking in at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
- We’ll be at Disney until Friday 3/27. We’ll be celebrating my wife’s 28th birthday on Thursday 3/26.
It’s been a hectic week trying to get things done before the trip. I was hoping that I’d find some time to mail out some card packages to people that I’m working on trades with, but I never did find that time. So unfortunately, I won’t be able to send anything out until I return. I definitely appreciate the patience of everyone who is waiting on something from me (and the list is getting pretty long).
Of course, I will be back in time for the Fielder’s Choice blogger fantasy baseball league draft on Sunday 3/29.
The only bad thing about the trip is that Evan Longoria was just added to the United States roster for the World Baseball Classic, replacing the injured David Wright and Chipper Jones at third base. That means that I won’t get to watch him play in the two games that I’m going to see. But despite that, it’s going to be a great time and I can’t wait to get down to sunny Florida!
When I get back, I should have some good pictures and stories to share about the games.